Saturday, November 20, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Yes, for this week, I am THAT student that the professors warn you so much about and tell you not to be, but the more you think about it, the more you actually want to be...

I am THAT student that goes home the weekend before Thanksgiving break and doesn't come back for classes Monday and Tuesday. And I'm LOVING being THAT student :) Sorry profs :)

I didn't know if I was going to be able to or not, but then my lovely friends informed me that my other lovely friend was coming to north dallas today- so I jumped on that and before I knew it I was heading to Plano- my home for the first 18 years of my life.

I really think this might have been one of the most excited times I was to come home. I was literally bouncing waiting for my ride and waiting on the edge of my seat just wanting her to get there so that we could begin the 4 hour drive south and I could get home. Normally I'm excited to go home, but this time I couldnt' contain myself.

The Lord has blessed me immensely with the love of an incredible family that loves the Lord with all their hearts and I could not be more thankful for that. We're off to church in the morning and I can't wait to see what the Lord has to teach me this week.

Before I went to bed tonight I did something that I've not done in YEARS. My dad had braided my hair earlier, and with a loose braid in my hair and a huge t-shirt on, I went around to everyone in my house and I said goodnight to each of them individually and gave them a hug. I didn't realize how much I absolutely miss this! My mom and dad are two of the people I look up to the most in my family and I love being in the same house as them. They are an inspiration in my life and I can't say that enough...

The older I get the more I realize how much I appreciate them. I think someone once told me that would happen and I didn't listen. Well who ever that was- you're right and I'm wrong. I'm sorry. I was just a little kid who thought I knew everything, which translates as I was stupid. :)

Just Sayin ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment